Green Mountain shortlisted for DCS Awards 2019
Stavanger, Norway, April 15, 2019
Green Mountain, one of the world’s greenest operators of high security, robust wholesale colocation data centres, has been shortlisted for DCS Awards 2019 in three categories. The DCS awards are designed to reward the product designers, manufacturers, suppliers and providers operating in data centre arena.
Green Mountain has been shortlisted for DCS Awards 2019 in the following three categories:
- Excellence in Data Centre Services Award
- Data Centre Hosting/co-location Supplier of the Year
- Data Centre Manager of the Year – Ole Sten Volland
The strongest arguments supporting the two first nominations for DCS Awards 2019 include Green Mountain’s ability to;
- set a green standard in the industry – being the most energy-efficient data centre in the market with 100% renewable energy (hydropower) and close to zero CO2 footprints.
- deliver a service level of 100% uptime with up to Tier III resilience – since the first day of operation.
- deliver high customer satisfaction – our customers give us excellent feedback and scores in our annual customer satisfaction survey (5.9 out of 6)
- deliver world-class security – the security system and our standard operational practices are in accordance with ISO 9001/14001/27001
- develop a DCIM-tool that offers customers access to real-time and historical data about the data centre environment with 100% transparency.
The nomination for Data Centre manager of the Year is a special recognition of Green Mountain’s Chief Technology Officer, Ole Sten Volland. In 2018, he has been handling two parallel 2,5 MW development projects at two different locations, with different framework conditions and at a tight schedule. At the same time, he has been an ambassador in the local community, an effective decision maker and an emphatic leader.
“We are very honored to be shortlisted for DCS Awards 2019 in these three categories, it is a great recognition of Green Mountain and the way we work.”, says Chief Sales Officer of Green Mountain, Svein Atle Hagaseth.
For further information and voting for the DCS Awards 2019, please click here. Voting for shortlisted categories is open until 3rd May, and the award ceremony will be held in London on 16 May.
For further information about DCS Awards
Svein Atle Hagaseth, Chief Sales Officer, Green Mountain
Tel: + 1 416 518 7105
Mette Berger Gulbrandsen, Marketing Manager, Green Mountain
Tel: + 47 928 38 45
About Green Mountain
Green Mountain AS design, build and operate high security, robust wholesale colocation data centres. Green Mountain currently have two data centres in Norway with plans to develop in other regions. The data centres operate on 100% low-cost renewable power and use free cooling to create unique power efficiency.
The data centre near Stavanger (DC1-Stavanger) is built deep inside a mountain in a former high-security NATO ammunition store. The data centre in Telemark (DC2-Telemark) is in the ‘cradle of hydropower’ with multiple local hydropower plants. We are one of the largest operators in the sector in Norway with clients in finance, IT, government, oil and gas and others.